A camp is to be held in Chennai on 6th and 7th October , and from 10th to 14th October in Bangalore, to provide artificial limbs,crutches and calipers to the needy, FREE of cost. The limbs, crutches and calipers are provided by an organization called BMVSS. It is famously known as the "Jaipur Foot". The camp was successfully held last year in Chennai, Mumbai and Pune with over 1600 people benefiting in a course of 5 days. Till date, over a million people have benefited. The organization has been recognized by the UN and has been running successfully for over 30 years. Please refer to www.jaipurfoot.org for more details. What do I expect from you?
- I have attached the pamphlet for the camp with this mail, which is in English as well as Tamil. Request you to forward it to your friends.
- If you personally know of someone who could benefit from the camp, please inform them to visit the camp. The Jaipur foot is provided free to everyone irrespective of gender, religion, location, age or financial status.
- If you can make a copy of the poster and put it up in your apartment, that would also be very helpful.
- If you personally recommend someone for the camp, please mail me the details and I will follow up with the person individually.
- NOT LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS. Though I know that many of you might want to come and help out, it is strictly not open for volunteers. Your support can be by helping to spread the word.
Thank you so much!!