Robert Kubica will not join the DTM 2013 season after Mercedes announced a six-car 2013 line-up with European Formula 3 champion Daniel Juncadella.
Last month, the Pole tested one of the German marque's cars, with Mercedes newly appointed Toto Wolff saying it was a "proper test in a proper race car".
"Let's see how it goes," said Mercedes' new motor racing director.
While now successful in lower-tier rallying, former Renault and BMW driver Kubica is still unable to drive a powerful single seater due to the limitations of his right arm, which was almost severed in an early 2011 rally crash.
Mercedes announced on Wednesday that it has entered six German DTM cars in the 2013 series, but none of them will be raced by Robert Kubica.
Instead, Mercedes' lineup features Micheal Schumacher's bro Ralf Schumacher, Gary Paffett, Roberto Merhi, Christian Vietoris, Robert Wickens and Formula 3 champion Daniel Juncadella.
The marque said Mercedes F1 driver Nico Rosberg will mentor the youngsters.
"I am looking forward to following their progress this season and can maybe give the young guns a tip or two," he said.